Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Man They Call "DaDa"

We love to wear your shoes Daddy,
As you can clearly see.
Pretending we’re as big as you,
For soon that day will be.
We hope to be like you someday,
Strong, Patient, full of love.
You’re the greatest Dad on earth,
With quite the shoes to fill.


Grant and Gabe at 2 months, trying to fill their daddy's shoes.





Somethings you should know about their "DaDa":

1. He doesn't like pictures taken of him. So you won't see many here.

2. He can get the boys to go to sleep better than I can, especially when we are away from home. Last summer, we stayed at a resort for the weekend and they were crying and not wanting to go to sleep. He goes in there and comes back maybe five minutes later and they are out. He still is not giving up his secret.

3. They love to nap with their "dada".
This was taken last week when my Grant man was sick :(

4. When going to take professional pictures, we must take the "DaDa" with us. He will make a fool out of himself to make them laugh.

5.  "DaDa" can't wait for them to play sports. He reminds me all the time I need to be stretching with them to get them ready. I roll my eyes and continue whatever I am doing. It looks like he might get his wish because the boys seem to love baseball.
6.  The boys cry when "DaDa" walks in another room, leaves for work, or goes outside. When he comes home they squeal with delight like they haven't seen him in years.

Happy Father's Day! We love you!

I will leave with a song that always make me think of my husband and sons. "Anything Like Me" by Brad Paisley


No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)