Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mama said there'd be days like this...

I thought I was having one of "those" days on Tuesday. One where nothing went right, one where the boys were into EVERYTHING. They dumped a container of dog food twice, broke glasses, wouldn't nap on the couch, put them in playpens in my room and then climbed out of course, put them in their room to take a nap and they take off their diapers(that are taped and have on jeans and a belt) and spread their poop all over the room. That would be the reasons that I have been putting them downstairs to nap.

Fast forward to today and they decide they want to go through another phase of doing this....

Only this time they are getting their stacking cups and filling them with water and dumping them on the floor. After them doing that several times I decide I am going to turn the water that connects to the fridge off. Only I end up turning the connectors for the hose to fridge instead of the valve because I didn't move the fridge away from the wall where I could see. Water spraying EVERYWHERE and the pressure was so high that I couldn't even see to turn the valve off because off the water spraying in my face. Babies screaming. All I could think was how my whole bottom floor of my house was going to be ruined. I felt like I was in the scene of the Titantic where the portholes bust, water is going everywhere, women and children are screaming. By the time I got it off, there was water standing from my stove to the french doors and it was flowing out the french doors onto the patio even though they were closed.  I squeegeed the water out onto the patio and used a wet vac to do the rest and after 2 hours, the kitchen was finally back to its normal state.

What is my point in telling you all this?

Well God sure has a sense of humor because remember the whole reason I was turning the water off to start with?

So my kids wouldn't dump CUPS of water on the floor, so what happens when I go to turn it off I get GALLONS of water poured on my floor. So I think the lesson learned here, is don't sweat the small stuff and the things that seemed so bad a couple days before are nothing in the grand scheme of things.


The good Lord sure is teaching me lots of lessons in patience lately!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)